background

families are forever

families are forever

slide show

slide show

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Keslie survived TREK!!!! WAY TO GO KES!


Can I just say that I am so proud of my daughter right now. She just got back from Trek. She walked over 35 miles in 3 days! What an accomplishment. When she got home she was fried and very sore! But in spite of that, She said that she loved it and is glad I "made" her go. She learned a new appreciation for her ancestors. I have pioneers that came across the plains on my side. In fact her name was Agatha Ann Woolsey Lee. She and her husband John D Lee came over with all their children. They suffered many hardships on the way. I am reading his diary right now it is so amazing. Agatha's mother Abigail came with them and died on the way! I am so proud of who I am and grateful for the sacrifices they made so that I have the gospel. I know Keslie is too now that she has experienced just a very small portion of what they went through. Except, she had proper shoes, Lot's of support and food to eat etc....Way to go Keslie. Good job.
Keslie also told me that several of the girls in her group had blisters and she felt bad for them so she pulled the cart most of the way! That is just the kind of girl she is. Sweet and always thinking of others first! Just to brag a little more. I got her end of year grades today and she did a fantastic job.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

Go Keslie, you are a tough chicka! I'm glad you had such a great time!

Linda said...

Hey Keslie...you look adorable! I am so grateful that you had such an amazing time. That experience helped you to appriciate your pioneer heritage on a more personal level. Way to go girl!

6 P's in a Pod said...

You're a freckin' stud for going, Keslie! Seriously! I got out of going when I was your age by going to piano camp at BYU instead (that's how desperate I was to get out of it!) You ROCK!